solution to follow if your phone can’t send or receive messages.
Message apps have been one of the best ways to communicate with people in this era.
Sometimes, our phones will just develop some faults all of a sudden, and we can’t possibly figure out where the issue is coming from.
If your phone suddenly stopped receiving and sending messages, in this blog post, I will be explaining to you the procedure to follow in order to resolve this.
Please endeavor to read every part of this blog post as all the information provided here will be very helpful to anyone whose phone stopped sending or receiving messages.
Let’s start first with the reasons why your phone is not receiving text messages anymore.
Some reasons why your phone can’t send or receive messages
Below are the major reasons why you can’t send or receive messages with your phone again.
In the next section, I will be showing you the procedure to follow in order to resolve this.
reasons why you can’t send or receive messages with your phone.
- You’re not using an updated version of your messaging app.
- Your SIM card is not properly inserted.
- If you’re not using the massage app as your default massage app,
- Your phone does not support SMS, MMS, or RCS messaging.
- You don’t have enough airtime on your phone.
- The airplane mode is activated.
- If you recently switched from an iPhone to an Android without deactivating iMessage
- You blocked the contact you’re trying to send a message or receive a message from.
- APN is not properly in order.
- You are using an outdated version of your phone.
- Your phone doesn’t have enough space.
These are the major reasons why you can’t send or receive messages with your phone.
If you have spotted the reason why you can’t send messages with your phone, I will be showing you the procedure to follow in order to resolve this.
To resolve this, check the next section Below
solution to follow if you can’t send or receive messages with your phone.
Generally, below are the solutions to resolve the issue of the phone not sending or receiving messages.
- Update your phone to the latest version:
You can find where to update your phone on the phone setting app. In the About Phone section, click on System Update.
- Insert your SIM card properly
This is another reason why you can’t send or receive messages with your phone. Check whether the sim card is properly inserted. You can try and check whether you are able to make phone calls with the sim.
- Change your default message
- Confirm whether your phone supports SMS, MMS, or RCS messaging. Not all phones support this.
- Make sure you have sufficient airtime and data balance on your phone.
- Turn off your phone’s airplane mode: When your phone is in airplane mode, you cannot make calls or send text messages.
- If you recently switched from an iPhone to an Android, deactivate iMessage.
- confirm whether you blocked the person you’re trying to send or receive a message from
- Reset your APN to the default setting.
If you check whether you have enough storage in your phone, you can delete some useless messages or other useless things that occupy space in your phone.
What to do if you won’t receive text messages but can send them.
If your phone has developed a fault of not being able to receive messages but you can send them, you can easily resolve this issue on your own.
The steps below are what you have to do in order to resolve the issue of your phone not receiving messages but can them.
- Clear your messaging app caches!
Clearing the cache will help in removing some junk from the app and enable it to function normally.
Some phones have a message limit, which is the maximum number of messages that can be stored.
- Delete all the messages that are not useful to free up space for new ones.
Reboot your phone: rebooting your phone helps in solving many problems on the phone. It will help to clear your phone’s cache and make your phone faster and more accurate in performing tasks.
- Deactivate iMessage if you recently switched from an iPhone to an Android.
- Check whether you blocked the person you’re trying to receive messages from, ( whether he/she is blacklisted on your phone).
NOTE: For those in Nigeria, if your phone can’t send or receive messages from other phones, the issue will likely be because of sim card to NIN linking.
Nigeria’s federal government blocked all sim cards that are not linked to a valid NIN.
To validate your NIN and link it with your sim card, check the guide for you below.
If you have any questions concerning the issue of your phone not receiving text messages or sending text messages, you can drop your questions in the comment section below for further assistance.